Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 4 Plaid Mani

Hello All...today is the 4th week of the 52 Week Challenge...a plaid mani.  I cringed because I am not good at freehand work :(     So I went to videos on the web and did some research.
I painted my nails with a clear base coat and then 2 coats of WnW Noctournal, a deep, almost black blue.
I got out my Art Deco in white and my acrylic paint in lavender.  I opted to just do tips, I thought plaid completely covering my nails would have been too much for me !!!!


 They look much better far away...LOL.
Next week is Newspaper mani....back to the web  :(
I am just 3 followers from my first giveaway!!!  Does anyone out there have any suggestions on how to run it??  I want to make it VERY simple.  I would greatly appreciate any input.  Have a great Sunday, thank you for coming by my little spot. :)

15 comments:

  1. This looks great! I love your creation and the colours you used :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Great idea just doing the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice - i cannot do plaid to save my life! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this looks absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE! Newspaper nails are super easy. Dip your painted and dry finger into rubbing alcohol for about 10 seconds and then firmly press a piece of newspaper onto it for another 10 -20 seconds. I tried the method of soaking the paper in alcohol and then pressing, but the image didn't transfer dark enough. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph....I was nervous about that one, but it doesn't sound too hard!!!

      Delete
  6. Love the colour combo Jackie, you did great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love it. Great color combo and I love the idea of just the tips. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great color combos. Looks really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all sooo much for all the encouragement !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are cute! I love the lavender on the 'almost black :) I love that we're allreching out of our comfort zones to try new things :) I'm excited abou the newspaper mani :) I haven't done one since I started with nails about 8 months ago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am definately WAY out of my comfort zone with free hand!!!

      Delete
  11. I'm very bad at free-handing too and I can understand U really good :(
    But I like this purple plaid design! Very interesting for the nail tips!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks really great! Way better than I could do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I love comments....but do not spam me!!!! I will delete it :)