Sunday, December 18, 2011

Blue Chevron

Well, it is a dreary Sunday afternoon here , so I guess I am in kinda a "blue" mood, hence today's mani.  I decided to try my first tape manicure. Also an untried polish that I have had for awhile, Orly Sweet Peacock.  It is really "foily" looking, is that really a word????  Anyway, I did my clear base coat and then 2 coats of the Sweet Peacock...boy, that is horrible to clean up off  your cuticles :(   I then cut a piece of painters tape and cut that piece in half,   and placed on my nail so the pointed end was towards the tip of my nail...about 2/3rds way up my fingernail.  I used Sinful Colors Black on Black and painted the top 2/3rds of my nail that was not covered by the tape, and removed the tape immediately, making the Chevron.  On my accent nails I made a second Chevron with Orly Luxe.  After looking at them, they needed that "something", which turned out to be a gold stripe.  Then I was happy!!!


Looks like blue foil doesn't it !!




  And that is Blue Chevron, all I can say is that I HATE cleaning up glitter.. :(  I hope everyone has a great Monday.  Thanks for coming by!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! The gold strip really just makes the whole mani!Awesome job taping! I can't tap to save my life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I love comments....but do not spam me!!!! I will delete it :)